Friday 25 March 2011

Let them eat cake

I love cake, there is nothing better than sitting down with a cup of tae and a bitta cake. Add that to my love of chocolate and it's a given that I love chocolate cake. Now, in no way shape or form am I a great baker or cook. I love to do it but I'm not claiming I'm great, but I do try.







I have no clue where or when I got this recipe I found it written down on a piece of paper in a shoe box. They were feckin gorgeous, Sile would even say she had an orgasm over them.

Ingredients;



150g Butter

150g Caster Sugar

175g Self Raising Flour

50g Cocoa powder

3 eggs, beaten

20g of melted chocolate( I used G&B 70% dark)


Icing;

60g of melted chocolate(I used 50g G&B milk chocolate and 10g G&B dark)
75g butter
150g icing sugar



Method,

Preheat oven at 180o

Cream sugar and butter until fluffy.
Add half egg mixture and beat, sift in flour and cocoa until combined.
Add in remaining egg mixture and beat. Finally, add in melted chocolate until combined.
Evenly divide mixture into cases, pop in the oven for 12-15mins.



Icing.
Cream butter and sugar together add in chocolate when fully combined, pipe onto cupcakes when fully cooled. I couldn't find my pipping bad so i just threw it on.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment